image by Amanda Lim

Dear Reader,   
I decided to write a post on this quote by Oscar Wilde because there are times when I do catch myself slipping into shoes of a typical insecure-about-her-looks girl. I used to be really afraid of people calling me tall. Sounds rather trivial but it really makes me squirm uncomfortably. It's a terrible form of exclusion when you're the only girl in the back row of guys in every group photo. Or when people go, "How do you know Amanda?" "Ahyah, the super tall one, of course la". I get scolded for wearing heels so I never bought any till recent years. Somehow, it clicked that I'd developed a physical outlook of the giant from Jack&TheBeanStalk and that's totally not cool man (I sound so frakin' dumb now). 
I'm telling you now that not all girls come in one size & that's totally fine. According to 'Dy, they come 4 different packages: Fun size, Pocket size, Cuddle Size and then, there's "Long People size".  Thus, a well know fact & my new fav. thesis : Free size clothing was never meant to fit everyone. In this messed up, stereotypical world, the two kinds of people are the judgers and the judged. But, no matter what forms of adjectives you've been labeled with, know that Today, you are You, that is truer than true. There is no one alive who is Youer than You (wow, I just threw in another Dr. Suess quote right there). You don't needa change anything about yourself just because someone calls you a ginormous mutation of humanity.
I seldom post rubbish about these kinda up lifting Beyonce preaching so I'm not sure how many people will actually read till the end, but yeah, thanks for sticking around & it really means a lot to me that you've read something I personally experienced & would like to share. So, when the time comes, I hope you'll remember to Harlem shake (try & tell me how it goes) those insecurities outta your gut 'cuz all you need is to know that *breaks into musical voice* You are beautiful, no matter what they say. Words can't bring me you down.*
Ok, good night peeps.
I'll be too shy to face the world after this,
because if you don't alr know, I'm a 78% introvert on the Briggs Myers personality test. lol.